Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest aj

January Paper 3 pass mark

27 posts in this topic

Can we guess the pass mark for January Paper 3 exam taking into consideration March and August 2008 exam result?

I think the passing score will be around 52

Paper 1 cut off was 58 this time though many found it difficult.....Do you think paper 3 would be around the same? Especially with many finding it comfortable though I personally didn't think it was straightforward....

i guess it wud be 52.59 ........... :) :) :) :) :)

how about 52.5918 ;)

what do u think about da college...?? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

do u think they r so irresponsible and play with our marks.....???

how dare u say that..........?????? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last time the cut-off was 49.02 and someone posted then he failed by 0.01%   :P

People post all sorts here...............

how can you fail by 0.01%?! two questions out just doesnt seem fair.

I always felt that if you have a borderline pass/fail result, there should be ten or so important questions- clinical questions, which you NEED to know, rather than unusual syndromes and the behaviour of baboons; if you get those specific ten questions right despite an overall borderline fail, it pushes you into a pass.

Essentially, certain important clinical questions should be weighted in favour of passing people who would be safe and competent. Or is that only found out at the CASC???!

lets face it... the more you read the more chances to pass..

having looked at the forum for these quessions, I beleive that passing marl will be around 55-60%. I cannt see why not....

Last time the cut-off was 49.02 and someone posted then he failed by 0.01%   :P

People post all sorts here...............

may be u r right kreely,who knows?

its good to know that people feel quite optamistic with the results, and no harm with that in the midst of the doom and gloom that seems to be prevalent these days.

but for some reason i feel that that paper was not all that straight forward. There were alot of trick questions and i wouldn't be surprised if the results turn out to be a disappointment.

but again, it could be just me. :-/

[highlight]lets face it... the more you read the more chances to pass..[/highlight]

having looked at the forum for these quessions, I beleive that passing marl will be around 55-60%. I cannt see why not....  

Wow...........what enlightenment...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;) ;)

I wish I had known that before.............!!:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

by da way......... is it true....??

[highlight]lets face it... the more you read the more chances to pass..[/highlight]

having looked at the forum for these quessions, I beleive that passing marl will be around 55-60%. I cannt see why not.... [ch65533]

Wow...........what enlightenment...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [ch65533];) ;)

it is very much true

yeah... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think u have not tried it

bless u......

Wow...........what enlightenment...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;) ;)

if only it was as str8 forward as that !!

my experience with this friggin exams has been , so far,,, lady luck plays a big friggin role !! which is quite sad at a level, i mean this is no black jacks or roulette !! we r talking about ppl's lifes here and all .....

but hey like i posted it b4 and am not scared to post it again, whatever gives these old farts at the royal college a purpose in their miserable existence !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

if only it was as str8 forward as that !!

my experience with this friggin exams has been , so far,,, lady luck plays a big friggin role !! which is quite sad at a level, i mean this is no black jacks or roulette !! we r talking about ppl's lifes here and all .....

can't agree any more...........

Luck does play a major role on the day of the exam... definite (if not none of us would pass)... but obviously thats i not in our control...

Leaving that aside, i guess, there is a greater chance of passing the MCQ tests if you read more... by more I mean more relevant stuff and more standard stuff... Last minute preparation is probably not the best idea, and depending on course notes to gain knowledge is not ideal... (they are good to revise from an MCQ point of view of course)

Past papers on the SEC are the best reources... questions posted by those who sat exams... Believe me, in the old style exams, 70 -80% of ISQs were repeats from the past papers... and if you get that right, there is no question...

I guess it will take a couple of years to develp that knd of a question bank with the new styl exam.... So the best idea would be (and this time everyone has done a very good job) to recollect as many questions as possible, so we have a good question bank...

Luck does play a major role on the day of the exam... definite (if not none of us would pass)... but obviously thats i not in our control...

Leaving that aside, i guess, there is a greater chance of passing the MCQ tests if you read more... by more I mean more relevant stuff and more standard stuff... Last minute preparation is probably not the best idea, and depending on course notes to gain knowledge is not ideal... (they are good to revise from an MCQ point of view of course)

Past papers on the SEC are the best reources... questions posted by those who sat exams... Believe me, in the old style exams, 70 -80% of ISQs were repeats from the past papers... and if you get that right, there is no question...

I guess it will take a couple of years to develp that knd of a question bank with the new styl exam.... So the best idea would be (and this time everyone has done a very good job) to recollect as many questions as possible, so we have a good question bank...

you are absolutely right dorian dude,

but the point still remains a lot of ppl pass this exams bassed on random guess work ! which at a certain level pisses me off beyond beleif (not to mention how i passed paper 1 & 2 myself... :P)

anyways, lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for teh best

:lol:;):lol:

very likely to be between 50 -55%,bear in mind that the college is capable of surprises! i would not count on any guesswork ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0