Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
consultant2009

cut off marks to pass

36 posts in this topic

a passing rate of 38.57%, which seems to keep comming down each time the college administers paper 3.

What is the college's vendetta against the trainees.

The college needs to come clean with us as to what its expectations are from us.

I don't know about the rest of you, or if you have gone into a state of learned helplessness, but I am raising my voice against this.

I am logging a formal complaint to the examination department and demanding an explaination as to why the trainees are preforming poorly for this exam or if the college is deliberatly keeping the passing rate low.

either way, i'm screwed anyway so why not go down fighting.

a passing rate of 38.57%, which seems to keep comming down each time the college administers paper 3.

What is the college's vendetta against the trainees.

The college needs to come clean with us as to what its expectations are from us.

I don't know about the rest of you, or if you have gone into a state of learned helplessness, but I am raising my voice against this.

I am logging a formal complaint to the examination department and demanding an explaination as to why the trainees are preforming poorly for this exam or if the college is deliberatly keeping the passing rate low.

either way, i'm screwed anyway so why not go down fighting.

Dear ff,

Could you please tell me the cut off marks, if you have received the letter please.

Very true

those politicians r playing with trainees career

when they want they can reset the pass mark ,like spring 2008

n this time despite low rate did not bother

they passed over 600 (70%) in spring 2008 n now less than 200 (38%) in spring 2009, are they sure what they are doing n what standards are being followed

College will not set clear cut off marks. I think they make it according to their profit and budget. If their fund run out the cut off go up or otherway round.Although, I dont believe the budget of the college everbeen surplus. (It had happened once in the .....past when exam fees was given back to trianee claimed by RC Dean)

Do anybody know how many first timmer passed this time? It seems to me very few. Any comments?

it appears no one got da post yet...!!!

my post has come but there was no rcpsych letter...!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I agree it is unfair some times the pass rate was 68% now 38%.

It may be because of snowfall in london, most of staff off.

it appears no one got da post yet...!!!

my post has come but there was no rcpsych letter...!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

not that it would make much of a difference but i havent either

:P

the best part is, i scored less than the last tyme even hahaha

how ?!?!?! it absolutely beats me !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My mark was 60.4% (so I passed with 0.17%). I'm a little bit surprised because I felt that my exam went really well. Is it possible that our marks were reduced to set the pass mark?

i strongly believe that the passmark is not based on 1-mark for 1-question system. I squeezed my little brain for nearly 2 hours with various permutations and combinations - there is no way one can get a pass mark with 0.11% attached to it when one takes 200Qs exam if the questions carry same mark, and there is no 'adjustment' for confounders!!!! :D

I GOT 59% AND FAILED. MY SCORE IN FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY WAS 9%. I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE SCORING SYSTEM AT ALL? I DO REMEMBER WRITING CORRECT ANSWERS IN FORENSIC QUESTION

I GOT 59% AND FAILED. MY SCORE IN FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY WAS 9%. I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE SCORING SYSTEM AT ALL? I DO REMEMBER WRITING CORRECT ANSWERS IN FORENSIC QUESTION

i got 100% in both FORENSIC psychiatry & learning disability..... :D :D :D :D :D

i failed however....!!!!

to all people out there.. for future reference.., :P :P :P :P

if u need any correct answers to the past Q's .....u know whom to contact...!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i got 100% in both FORENSIC psychiatry & learning disability..... :D :D :D :D :D

i failed however....!!!!

to all people out there.. for future reference.., :P :P :P :P

if u need any correct answers to the past Q's  .....u know whom to contact...!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ha ha will keep that in mind next time when we debate the 50% or 80% crap in sexual offence/ehibitionism and shit :evil: ;)

right on mp3 !!

boss u can run but never hide from us now......

:lol:

right on mp3 !!

boss u can run but never hide from us now......

:lol:

together we can....... ;) ;) ;) ;)

I got 59.8% which is very much higher than last time, still failed. Can some body suggest me (who passed) how to prepare.

Hi,

I think your best bet is critical appraisal which is like maths,you can get it right most of the time.-I used superego and Spmm- knew most of critical apprisal stuff.

Get all past questions -SEC has good collection.

Birmingham online.

I got 74.3%-I think knowing critical appraisal helped me .

I would suggest start with CA,so that u have time to revise it well before exam.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0