Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nicky

how to get the best out of study groups

3 posts in this topic

Hi all

Sorry to bother you about what may seem a daft question, but I am about to enter my first study group, having previously been a bit of a lone wolf when it comes to studying. I therefore don't have a clue what you're meant to do in study groups or how to maximise their utility. Any tips?

Thanks

first of all only get into a group u r completely comfortable with.selfless friends whom u can joke around with and not the types who are out there to prove a point or waiting to go at each others throat.it will dfinitely motivate u to do stuff regularly which u may not when alone.do the difficult and dry bits together and leave the easy bits to do on ur own.meet more often than too infrquently.dont feed each others anxiety or spread negativity.be positive and inspire each other.do questions and read around them.rather than just reading theory endless.maybe different members of the group can read different bits and explain to other members when they meet.teaching someone is the best way to revise oneself. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0