Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
why-dya

Paper 3 Q&A

46 posts in this topic

High time we start discussing the questions and answers

To All those taking paper 3 in August: This is the final wake-up call. Lets have some serious discussions

1)You are called to A&E to see a man withdrawing from amphetamines. He is least likely to have:

a)Insomnia

B) Seizures

c) Hypersomnia

d) Agitation

e) Decreased appetite

Answers, discussion,explanation and reference would be most welcome

1)You are called to A&E to see a man withdrawing from amphetamines. He is least likely to have:

a)Insomnia

B) Seizures

c) Hypersomnia

d) Agitation

e)[highlight] Decreased appetite[/highlight]  

The DSM-IV-TR criteria for diagnosing amphetamine withdrawal include :

dysphoric mood and two or more symptoms:

fatigue, vivid or unpleasant dreams, insomnia or hypersomnia, [highlight]increased appetite[/highlight] and psychomotor agitation or retardation that occur following discontinuation of the drug (DSM-IV-TR 2000).

Clinically, amphetamine dependent individuals in acute withdrawal report feeling “severe dysphoria, irritability and melancholia, anxiety, hypersomnia and marked fatigue, intense craving for the drug and paranoia.”

ref   : http://mrw.interscience.wiley.com/cochrane/clsysrev/articles/CD003021/pdf_standard_fs.html

1. A

Amphetamine intoxication will cause insomnia.

Quoting The Boss:Clinically, amphetamine dependent individuals in [highlight]acute withdrawal [/highlight]report feeling “severe dysphoria, irritability and melancholia, anxiety, [highlight]hypersomnia[/highlight] and marked fatigue, intense craving for the drug and paranoia.”

Janaab........i think the Q is which is least likely..!!!!

Withdrawal effects

Withdrawal from chronic recreational use of amphetamines can include anxiety, depression, agitation, fatigue, excessive sleeping, increased appetite, psychosis and suicidal thoughts. ref- wikedia.

so least likely from the choices given...

a)Insomnia

B) Seizures

c) Hypersomnia

d) Agitation

e) Decreased appetite

Answers, discussion,explanation and reference would be most welcome

a. insomnia... :D

Come on why-dya! Give us the answer would-ya! (Please) I am seriously questioning myself now (thanx boss!) :(

Gee - I don't know the answer myself. This question was asked in August 2008. Only yesterday I saw this question being discussed before in previous posts of this forum

SPMM course material has this question but they have changed the question to - which is the most likely symptom and not least likely and the naswer given is Hypersomnia

Personally if the question is least likely I will go for Decreased appetite and if it is most likely I will go for hypesomnia

No need for loosing sleep over these kind of questions Gee. Royal college has some such questions for which there is never a single answer

Thanx why-dya! :)

Hi guys

is it too soon for the mock exams for paper 3 on any where or are there not going to be any at this time. Last time they were out months in advance??

i think shes talking about the online mocks offered last time by bham course.this time spmm is offering it at a much cheaper price. spmm quality is defo superior to others as far as notes are concerned.hope that reflects in the mock tests as well. ::)

do we have to pay for these mocks? ;)

i think shes talking about the online mocks offered last time by bham course.this time spmm is offering it at a much cheaper price. spmm quality is defo superior to others as far as notes are concerned.hope that reflects in the mock tests as well. ::)

That is indeed what 'she is talking' about ;)! I dont see anything about mock exams on SPMM site. B'ham had 2 papers for £15 last time ::)

That is indeed what 'she is talking' about  ;)!  I dont see anything about mock exams on SPMM site.  B'ham had 2 papers for £15  last time ::)

wow arent u well informed :P

I dont see anything about mock exams on SPMM site.

psyche i booked a 9 quid spmm mock today ::)

B'ham had 2 papers for

and i thought there were 4 bham mocks last time ::)

are these questions with answers/explainations or just questions?

:)

i just booked insane it will get activated only in 24 hrs and i have access to it for 14 days during which i can repeatedly do it. ::) i didnt know i had access for only 14 days anyway for 9 quid what more can u expect. but their online course is giving unlimited access till exam even if u book months in advance.the best course out there IMHO.not that I know too many courses.

dude i know how gud teh course is, thats what ive been studying.....found manchester material as second best and birmingham as the worst (though an easy layout)

but hey that's my opinion :)

u 2 not again >:(:lol: :lol:

I see you're winding everyone up again MP3 :lol: Are you Insane's pal ??

Please enlighten me, I think it must be you have current subscription to SPMM course, so you can then get access to Mock paper?? You could get stand-alone sub to B'ham mock and you may be right it may heve been 4 papers :P Is current SPMM better than last time-thanks.

Are you Insane's pal ??

at least this time its only 'pals'.last time it was 'item' wasnt it :lol: :lol:

Please enlighten me, I think it must be you have current subscription to SPMM course, so you can then get access to Mock paper??

yes thats right.it might be accessible to only those with current online subscription.

Is current SPMM better than last time

they have added few bits more. they have also incorporated questions from last paper as well.so i guess its well worth paying that 50 or 60 quid for the online access. ;)

Course, Course and one more course

Hey MP3 share your password and earn some money :lol: :lol:

Hey MP3 share your password and earn some money

User name : My_Last_Post_Here

Password : Got_Banned_By_WM

Hey MP3 share your password and earn some money

User name : My_Last_Post_Here

Password : Got_Banned_By_WM

Good show :silly:You're a hoot MP3.....you need to have a laugh at all this or you'll crack :D:lol: :lol: Cool 8-)

u 2 not again >:(:lol: :lol:

I see you're winding everyone up again MP3 :lol: Are you Insane's pal ??

Please enlighten me, I think it must be you have current subscription to SPMM course, so you can then get access to Mock paper?? You could get stand-alone sub to B'ham mock and you may be right it may heve been 4 papers :P [highlight]Is current SPMM better than last time[/highlight]-thanks.

i personally dont think they would have added anything more to the shtuff...but mayb im wrong

:)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0