Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cleopatra

New Bollywood movies reviews

1,174 posts in this topic

Peecho bhai you have spoiled my PIEP "Post-Interview-Entertainment_Plan"

But I loved your critical appraisal of JTHJ

Kat can not act hehehe

Peech.. i dont care if she acts or not.. she is very beautiful.. and that is what matters :)

as for the film, i'd say about 6 out of 10.. it appeared as if Yash Chopra made a typical Yash chopra romantic film for the 70s... and that is where the problem lies...

i agree about the technical issues - the bomb sites, the medical explanations, the fact that SRK is allowed to defuse a bomb on a public train in London without being asked for id or any other verification.. the fact that he is even allowed in a secure area is laughable..

such things wouldnt have been an issue in the 70s.. but the intelligent audience in 2012 will find such things difficult to digest..

on top of that AR Rahman's score is also not memorable.. there is just one song that stays with u after the film.. other tunes are just so-so..

for Yash Raj fans, this film will be a farewell to the late great man.. but for others, it can be easily skipped...

for Katrina fans, this is a MUST watch :)

1 person likes this

I could not have said it better sagz....docjav uve still got son of sardar hahaha

1 person likes this

Son of Sardar with collection of all expired items Ajay Devgn, Juhi Chawal, Mr Dutt and Music by Himesh Reshammiya oooooooooo suroorrrrrrrrrrr, chery on the top.

hehe... Ooooo Surruuuurrrrrrrr

man, that was brilliant !

Himesh likes pakistan so I'm a fan lol

Watched Talaash last night...

the story isnt anything new or radical and has been tried before.. this time there is a more personal twist to it.. the main aim of the story, i think, is to achieve a closure of sorts.. like a resolution to inner angst..

what i loved about the film - the cinematography, art direction and background score.. some of the songs have a haunting presence.. the first main song in the film is still playing in my head at the moment... great atmosphere.. openeing sequence is really nicely taken..

after many many years, Kareen finally looks to have put a soul in her character, rather than just look dolled up... she does look fit though..

having not known what the film is about, i had my own ideas and i do admit that the film turned out to be a lot diff to what i had expected.. so i enjoyed it..

by now, most would have spilled the beans about the twister in the movie.. is Aamir really the killer? why does he not sleep ? is Mrs Mistry the lovable neighbour she is supposed to be ? or is there something else sinister going on in the underbelly of Bombay's notorious district ??

who the hell is Simran the missing girl ??? and how did Armaan Kapoor actually die ?

go watch and find out what it is all about ;)

a good old 7.5 from me.

stumbled upon this thread after a long time. kat does not need to act. kat does not need to act, but i wish i had read this thread before subjecting myself to jthj on xmas. all for one person who did not agree with other people's opinions re the movie being 2.30 hours too long... that srk fan dozed off after the first 20 min btw...

while the movie was going on [and on]i did for some reason check how old srk actually is = 47!

o, and dabang 2 was not worth it as well...

thankfully there was mulled wine.

Edited by Psychoanalytix

stumbled upon this thread after a long time. kat does not need to act. kat does not need to act, but i wish i had read this thread before subjecting myself to JTHJ on xmas. all for one person who did not agree with other people's opinions re the movie being 2.30 hours too long... that srk fan dozed off after the first 20 min btw...

even more reason for you to check out SEC more often.

stumbled upon this thread after a long time. kat does not need to act. kat does not need to act, but i wish i had read this thread before subjecting myself to JTHJ on xmas. all for one person who did not agree with other people's opinions re the movie being 2.30 hours too long... that srk fan dozed off after the first 20 min btw...

even more reason for you to check out SEC more often.

right...!

who cares if Katrina baby cant act....i certainly dont watch any of her movies for her "acting" abilities hehe

but maaaaaaaaaaan is she hot or what :D

reminds me of that old Amresh Puri dialogue.....

"maira favourute drink hai, black dog...kyunkai jaab bhi mai koyi dharakti bharakti chez daikhta houn, maairai andar lakhoun kalai kuttai bhonkhna shoro kaar daitai hain"

hahahahahha

:lol:

Edited by Insane in da Brain

Amrish puri was the man. My fav. Closely followed by serial rap!st shakti kapoor and then ranjeet

Mein suar ki chamree ka bana huwa shaitaan hoon: kader khan

what about Gulshan Grover, the official Bad Man of hindi films ?

kaisareeya wilayaiti....wairee baaaaad maaaan :)

the amresh puri movie was shehenshah i think.

but some of shakti's were awesome...

"(distressed girl) - chor do mujhai chor do"

"(shakti)- chor bhi daita agar jawaan na hoti"

hahahahahhahahahahaha

a few more....

"Is resham se badan par ... haath aur niyat phisalne mein der nahin lagti"

(distressed girl) "bhagwaan kai leyai, chor do mujhai"

(shakti) "to mai kya karoun-prasaad khaoun"

hehe

:D

some of his dialogues were just classic... crass but classic :)

any one watched Son of Sardar yet ?? i watched it with a couple of friends and thoroughly enjoyed the first 2/3rds of it.. last third was a bit of a drag..

many of the scenes and dialogues are hilarious.. but make sure you watch the film with ur guy friends, you;ll enjoy it more that way :)

ive got loads more where these came from hehe

:)

1 person likes this

a few more....

"Is resham se badan par ... haath aur niyat phisalne mein der nahin lagti"

(distressed girl) "bhagwaan kai leyai, chor do mujhai"

(shakti) "to mai kya karoun-prasaad khaoun"

hehe

:D

Insane - a little twitter thread for your perusal :

https://twitter.com/filmydialogue

1 person likes this

thanks PA will defo have a look at home (godamned Trust not allowing me to access such "informative" websites :P )