Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arunprasad

Azhagiya tamil magan

381 posts in this topic

Folks, those of you who watch tamil movies, must have noticed that this movie has had

a wide release, after the success of 'Sivaji', rajini starrer.

How did you find the movie?

What about A.R.Rahman's music?

Will Shreya become as popular as Khusboo & Simran?

What about Vijay's dual role?

Is it out in the theatres? I have watched very few Tamil films, and that is mainly because I dont have good access to them

Yes,

Watched it

Go to www.cineworld.co.uk and you could find it.

The reviews back home is that its not good enough

However,songs are good and comedy is good.

But Vijay is going down the path of Ajith's heroism stuff (aka kicking the big tyre of a mahindra tractor and it flies to a long distance) which is not good.

It could have been much better.

Vijay has been doing it for some time now. And he gives the impression that he hopes to become like Rajni

Well,...............we tend to accept that film stars can be larger than life and to a large extent are extensions of our fantasies and are merely acting out our deep desires.

Shreya has already become repetitive, the dance movements focussing on her hips. Very soon, she will become the slim version of Namitha.

Sandoc, i think you meant Ajith/Vijay.

They are emerging mass heroes in tamil movies. In terms of success, Vijay is ahead of Ajith.

Priyanka chopra made her debut opposite Vijay in a tamil film, called 'Tamilan', (not suprisingly).

Ajith's latest project is Billa, which is a remake of a tamil film of the same name, two decades ago starring Rajni. This in turn was a remake of Amitabh's 'Don', which had a recent version with Sharukh and there is a proposed sequel 'Don 2'.  

I personally feel Suriya and Vikram are the best at the moment....

Cant stand Ajith/vijay.

Shreya was sooooooo goooood in ATM.

Yeah, Vikram is tremendously talented. Surya picks and chooses his roles, but there is an element of self consciousness in him, if he sheds it , will do a world of good to him.

hey guys, I saw the film (ATM) on the 1st day of release....disappointed..not good as expected

songs are good though..awaiting to see vikram's movie kandaswamy ....saw trailor too good and impressive concept..

Well,

Kandhaswamy is too much hyped already!!!!

Producer Thanu has a habit of hyping it and letting down expectations.(KKKK,Alavandhan)

Kandhaswamy's director wants to act as a hero in his next film.

Thesedays anyone can become a hero!!!!

Polladhavan was very impressive!!!!Nice movie and very good story narration(Alternating between hero and villain)

Seems kandaswamy will face the same fate as KKKK & Aalavandan.

If the creative team/producer spend all the energy/resources in the trailor, they will

run out of steam for the main film. If the director ( Susi ganesan) also has hero plans, he might be thinking more about creative inputs for his film.

Lingusamy, directing Vikram's Bheema also has this dreams.

Poor Vikram

Did anyone watch Katradhu tamil a.k.a Tamil M.A?

It was a dark film touching on a socially relevant recent development.

( Development of I.T and call centres and the deepening of soci0-economic divide in Chennai).

If you leave the senseless murders, i thought it was a different film.

Was he ( Jeeva ) psychotic or not psychotic ? I thought there is a psychological formulation for the serial killing he does.

Comments please.

I havent watched it yet as the print aint clear!!!!

I think the critics thought the director was also confused about his characterisation.

Did anyone watch Billa trailor.songs good too

Looks good.

Nayan(My favourite) is rumoured to appear in two-piece.

In malayalam there is a saying....

However much a goat strains, it can never shit like an elephant...

Thats what is going to happen with Ajith doing Billa...

(well thats what happened when SRK tried to do Don...)

Ajith will shit and probably smear all over the role that Rajni glorified years back...

Kandasamy looks like a superhero movie like Krish.... please tell me it is not... because with Vikram, we expect some quality movies... My alltime favourite has to be Dhool and Saami...

Though i am not a fan of Ajith, Billa might turn out good, as the original script ( Don) is good and Director Vishnuvardhan might have a decent try, considering his previous efforts - Pattiyal which was slick and Arindhum Ariyamalum, stylish. Even Farhan Akthar had a different take on Don, though Sharukh hammed all the way.

I think Rajni's Billa had a crap director and it worked because of Rajni's style and the script.

In malayalam there is a saying....

[highlight]However much a goat strains, it can never shit like an elephant...[/highlight]

Thats what is going to happen with Ajith doing Billa...

(well thats what happened when SRK tried to do Don...)

Ajith will shit and probably smear all over the role that Rajni glorified years back...

Kandasamy looks like a superhero movie like Krish.... please tell me it is not... because with Vikram, we expect some quality movies... My alltime favourite has to be Dhool and Saami...

Thats a good saying appropriate to the situation.

Still i think the director is stylish to make billa alteast watchable.

I watched Katradhu tamil (Tamil M.A) yesterday. Very good narration, excellent music and cinematography. All in all a good movie. The hero does remind me of some of the personality disorder patients I have seen in secure unit(I agree with you on that AP!).A child hood filled with traumatic incidents leading to loss of key attachment figures. Fear of losing the girl ( the only other key relationship) leading to aggressive outbursts were all very well depicted. He does some to have some micropsychotic episodes but not a full blown psychosis( under influence of cannabis+alcohol).

The only thing that could have been avoided is trying to introduce a social message(the growing divide between rich, upper middle class and the poor in India). Social messages like these don't do any good especially when it comes from a hero who murders out of impulsivity!

For those who didnt see the movie - Please excuse my analysis!!

Yes AP.

There are few of us posting threads now.

Not sure if Billa is releasing here in UK.

Very likely, saami, at least around london. All the major tamil films are getting a release for some time now. A major film like Sivaji had a wide release and ATM followed the trend in a less wide area (including North West).

I heard its releasing on Rajinis birthday. Dec 12.

No sign of Dasavatharam yet. Will it be the ultimate tribute to narcissm?

For all the tamil makkal....

This song from Sri Raghavendra... composed by Ilaiyaraja... sung by S Janaki and Malaysia Vasudevan

Remixed by Black eyed peas...

(one of the best remixes I have heard to date)

Elephunk theme... (the video is not real... ignore the video)