thatsmepranths

movies worth watching?

1,415 posts in this topic

Sags - aside from the first CoD MW I haven't touched the single player campaign - multiplayer all the way!

Star Trek into darkness - not as good as JJ Abrams first Star Trek but entertaining enough. And far better than After Earth which is so cheesy ("Son -fear is a choice!") and has a set that looks like children put it together for a Blue Peter project.

Behind the Candelabra - found it overly long but Rob Lowe doing an inadvertent Michael Jackson impersonation was hilarious if unintended.

Saw The Tourist on TV yesterday (avoided initially as it has Johnny Depp). It was actually well-paced and Anjelina Jolie is both beautiful and funny (I think she's trying to do a British accent).

Looking forward to World War Z!

Edited by F_S

had a busy couple of days... yesterday alone i watched FOUR films !

anyways...

Man of Steel - decent reboot, a much different take on the usually vanilla Superman.. the fast-forward action got a repetitive towards the end.. 

7/10

Despicable Me 2 - great entertainment, good comedy and those minions just kill you !

8/10

The Haunted House -  better than scary movie 5... this is the Wayans' take on Paranormal Activity.. had its moments of laughs and the usual scatty humour.. 

5/10

World War Z - good watch, definitely the pick of this whole lot.. some technical, medical, and logical details lost in the usual Hollywood way... a sequel will surely be in the works now... 

8/10

The Purge - interesting concept.. the worrying bit about the film is that i could almost believe that the US govt is actually capable of legislating something like that...

6/10

Pacific rim. Visual treat but seemed like a Japanese movie made by Americans . Enjoyed it none the less.

Pacific rim. Visual treat but seemed like a Japanese movie made by Americans . Enjoyed it none the less.

absolutely right.. it reminded me of the animated cartoon series in the 1980s... the whole film was a more grown up version of that..  

acting was deplorable... way way too many misguided themes and what not... 

it was perhaps the worst film with really good 3D graphics and CGI that i have seen in a few years... 

i almost contemplated leaving the hall before the film ended... had to sit cos of my friends.. total waste of my time

what a weekend for movies. Red2, conjouring, the heat,only God forgives

Has anyone seen the trailer for the new jungle book movie? Looks good!

how about Bahubali has any one watched it lately. ??

gravity was okay. Preferred interstellar

Antman- not so cool

Sicario - one of the most tense films I have seen in a very long time. Great performances, in particular from Del Toro

Agreed. Sicario was amazing. 

And how good was star wars?!