sagirparkar

the world around us

1,141 posts in this topic

hi..

been thinking of starting this topic for a long time now.. every day we read about or come across events that either intrigue us, amuse us, shock us or simply are outrageous.. and many times we do feel like telling or sharing these bits of 'information' with our friends..

so i thought why not make a thread out of it.. came across many such articles.. but couldnt get my lazy self to make the thread..

but this time, i simply had to.. cos its about a motorist who was caught doing 172 mph !!!!

yeah.. a clear 100 mph over the speed limit in his Porsche...

wonder if there are any more like him around.. and if not, i am sure there will be plenty of items we come across that might be worth sharing with everyone..

reminds me of the old adage about two kinds of motorcycle riders, those that have been down and those that have yet to go down

Hmmm- job loss, driving ban and likely custodial sentence vs a hell of a lot of kudos in all the pubs throughout the land, and probably with the inmates in prison too (not to mention the guards). I wonder which will be the most powerful reinforcer?

Surely some people like making it to the headlines.

172 miles/hr!

beat that record with ur new bike sagir ;)

and btw has it been delivered?

read in the papers the other day that a group of scientists were doing research on the female weevil (of some sort)...

and they found that the she-weevil goes on a sexual rampage whenever she gets thirsty.... and one of the way she satiates her thirst is through the flulid from the male... !!!!

i mean, whats the whole point of doing such ridiculous research and whom does it really benefit.. and who the hell sanctions such type of research !!!!!!

beyond my comprehension really..

You wait...they'll refine she-weevil hormone and test it as a treatment for low libido...I can just imagine the OTC adverts now....

read today that a bank robber in the US was caught immediately after an attempted robbery.. the chap handed in a note to the cashier demanding the money on his own cheque !!!!

i mean, how thick can criminals get now ?

Now I have to keep looking at the world around to add to this thread. :lol:

apparntly there was an article in the guardian a few weeks ago about a polish man. his wife was found dead under suspicious circumstances. even though the police suspected him all through, couldn't really get any solid eveidence to prosecute him. few years later this man came to UK and wrote a book about how to commit a perfect murder, citing examples! no doubt he got caught and charged. ::)

apparntly there was an article in the guardian a few weeks ago about a polish man. his wife was found dead under suspicious circumstances. even though the police suspected him all through, couldn't really get any solid eveidence to prosecute him. few years later this man came to UK and wrote a book about how to commit a perfect murder, citing examples! no doubt he got caught and charged. ::)

wow.. talk of digging your own grave !!!

saw a man drinking Fosters at 7 in the morning on the way to work !!!!

that was a first for me... i never realised that ppl wud be in such a state that they had to have a drink first thing and go to work ... :D

well this guy certainy gets one tick on the CAGE criteria  

maybe u could have asked him the other 3 questions under common law

and given him some medical advice as a good samaritan ....  ;)  :lol:

saw a man drinking Fosters at 7 in the morning on the way to work !!!!

that was a first for me... i never realised that ppl wud be in such a state that they had to have a drink first thing and go to work ... :D

Maybe he had worked a long and hard night shift and was having a drink on his way back home to go to bed??? :-?

somehow i doubt that.. could be possible.. but it looked unlikely

He might turn out to be your long case!

He might turn out to be your long case!

i hope so.. long cases are what frighten me most abt the clinicals... its the unknown.. the lack of control over it that renders me helpless.. :(

in today's paper ---

a 70 old year lady was charged for not keeping her front lawn to acceptable standards.. apparently she wasnt attending to the landscaping.. and hence was charged..

and if that wasnt bad enough, she was further charged with resisting arrest, and in the process fell and broke her nose... ouch..

wonder what kind of rules these are !!!

in today's paper ---

a 70 old year lady was charged for not keeping her front lawn to acceptable standards.. apparently she wasnt attending to the landscaping.. and hence was charged..

and if that wasnt bad enough, she was further charged with resisting arrest, and in the process fell and broke her nose...  ouch..

wonder what kind of rules these are !!!

I better get busy with my front lawn then!

Any such stories about the back lawn? If not, I can slack off for a bit longer :lol:

Any such stories about the back lawn? If not, I can slack off for a bit longer :lol:

so far the back lawn isnt in their list of hit lists.. so u can rest assured that u are safe.. although, i might have to add 'for the time being' ;)

I thought letting my garden 'grow' would be a nice way to compensate for the loss of green cover in the rest of the world. I'm just trying to do my bit for the environment! ::)

That was my excuse too, Rehan- then I realised that I have cultured a superb crop of [highlight]ragwort[/highlight] , which concentrates cyanide as a defence against being eaten. Doesn't feel very friendly at all- environmentally or otherwise!

that sounds like its straight out of Harry Potter's world.. :D

The last thing I want is my kids making potions with it...I'll end up with a red card in Barnsley A&E!