Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
student

POLL for writing Letter to Royal College (part 1 sufferers)

179 posts in this topic

I've posted loads about what you can do about this before but the reality is that people display angst when they fail and do no more. I'm not going to post links to the info. Prof.Bateman replies in the same way...in other situations as well.I guess that's his attitude. The college is full of double standards.....they say they want examiners of a high standard and do not tolerate inept ones, and deal with them vigourously.The reality story is far from that.Of course a vast majority are quite capable. The college wants themselves to be the "elite" of psychiatry ...fairness be damned. I agree the exam should be difficult but it is far from fair.

1 person likes this

I have received a reply from Prof. Bateman too.....same thing. Well, it certainly seems to be a standard letter as also the one I have received does not reply to my questions. There are exactly the same points (i.e flexibility and bla bla bla). Basically, same letter for everyone. I believe that also the BMA subcommittee has received the same letter!

I do think that, whatever the reasons are, the college should not make a retrospective decision.

I think that the RC has left us with no choice but the legal challenge. I spoke to so many of my colleagues and they are happy to support the legal challenge financially if needed. I sought advice from one the consultants who is happy to support it but he suggest to start the battle through the UK remedy. I have no experience about how to contact them. If anybody has a clue, please share it with us. I am very confident that we will win the case.

Please, please, don't lose the faith. It is our future and if we don't work hard for it, nobody will do.

What is UK remedy?

Tried to google this with no much success.

any news on the petition and when it is being forth. I have sent the link of the petition mentioned on this message to a number of my colleagues. Also anyone willing to take lead on this effort? It would definately be helpful to a number of people involved.

Hi everyone, I have been told that an interesting article is going to appear in the first edition of BMA News Review of the New Year. I can't wait to read it!

what is this article about? is it about the current part 1 exam expiration?

what is this article about? is it about the current part 1 exam expiration?

Yes it is (I mean the article). They state the facts only. I have had the chance to read it today.

Hi.

guys

There is another discussion on the same subject about validating part 1 in this forum. (READ CASC "VALIDITY PART 1"). Its surprising that the two groups are working towards the same goal but planning differently. Its important we all get together for legal action simultaneoulsy with the petition. I have been reading the previous posts and i dont think writing to prof bateman would make any difference indviduallly!! neverthless should we give up!!.

Cinderella you can contact nido, who is leading the other group to find out ways for legal action.

CHEERS TO KEEPING PART 1 VALID PERMANENTLY.

Hi.

guys

There is another discussion on the same subject about validating part 1 in this forum. (READ CASC "VALIDITY PART 1"). Its surprising that the two groups are working towards the same goal but planning differently. Its important we all get together for legal action simultaneoulsy with the petition. I have been reading the previous posts and i dont think writing to prof bateman would make any difference indviduallly!! neverthless should we give up!!.

Cinderella you can contact nido, who is leading the other group to find out ways for legal action.

CHEERS TO KEEPING PART 1 VALID PERMANENTLY.

Thanks for letting me know psych cat, I have just posted a message on the CASC pool. I will contact nido.

Cinderella

a bud of mine showed me an article in the BMA leaflet saying that they did discuss the validity issue with the college and the college has categorically said NO

Hi, guys

There is a blog on the Hospital doctor website about "The validity of part 1 exam". Please comment and spread the message.

is there any progress for part 1 validity?

It looks pretty grim!! Media pressure is not going to change anything and I feel that the legal challenge is the only way that might make a difference. However am not sure if this case can be answered in a court of law. I am a bloody foriegner myself and not very familiar with issues like these. Any experts in this area, please give us ur enlightment.

i have personally given up on the college exam.Im going to start preparing for step one from the 9th of feb if i dont pass

hi,

guys

we have been discussing about the legal route for a while. Synthesia had taken this up ,and not sure whats going on.

where is everyone.

yeah wots teh update on it ?!?!?! any progress ??

huh.gif

hmm i guess no one's serious about this....

well what can i say, guess its learned helplessness rolleyes.gif

I think it is alaka.....I am looking forward to the result actually...Il be delighted if I pass and will jump into the casc puddle but if I dont pass then thats the end of the college exam for me and will start planning something else.end of.Im not begging any college for anything. They should know better....but they dont

hi

cinderella

Are you in touch with synthesia ??/ was there any progress towards legal challenge. i think we should meet and discuss. what do others think ?? I know there are few people out there, think they would pass and not keen on taking this up further.

However should they fail ,itll be too late for anything. This is one of the reasons why we are struggling , if we had thought about it in 2008 when the RC decided to invalidate part 1. would we be in this sitution??? Many of us thought they would pass anyway so nobody bothered . Here we are!!